For patients who has incontinence issues. Slide Sheets can be used singly (folded in half) or one sheet placed on top of another – the decision for this depends on the length of the transfer and the size of the sheet.
At all times, it is recommended that at least two carers are present to perform patient transfers. For sideways transfers place open ended folded sheet towards the patient and place under the patient at least from hip to shoulder.
- Sliding Sheet Fabric – 100% Polyester with Stain Resistant Finish
- Soaker Pad – 100% Cotton Flannel Soaker Reusable Underpads
- Heavyweight, unbleached 100% cotton flannel provides softness and absorbency.
- For use as an added soaker layer.
- Low-friction backing allows staff to reposition patients/residents safely and easily
- Breathable taffeta backing avoids heat buildup under patients/residents
- Generous sizing provides maximum support
- Available in an assortment of sizes to meet the needs of a wider range of patients/residents and uses
- Ensure brakes of bed are on
- Place pillow at head of bed to avoid accidental head injury
- Place Swift on bed with low-friction taffeta panel down; place incontinence pad on top of Swift (if needed)
- Position patient/resident centrally on white Swift surface. The central panel should support patient/resident from neck to just below the buttocks
- Bend patient/resident’s knees to protect heels from being dragged across linens
- Lower the side rails and raise the bed to almost elbow height of the shorter caregiver
- There should be a caregiver on each side of bed. Each holds Swift with two hands – one at shoulder height and one at hip height
- To move patient/resident, gather Swift as close as possible to patient/resident’s body. Reposition by laterally shifting body weight
- Once patient/resident is repositioned, smooth out sliding sheet and tuck flaps securely under mattress
There are no reviews yet.